Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kerwin and Lois Wedding

Last  Wednesday we went to Lexington Kentucky for Kerwin and Lois Wedding.  It was a huge trip but we are finally home. 

 We arrived in Lexington Thursday afternoon along with the rest of the Dees clan. We all went out for dinner on Thursday night and then over to Lois's house to meet her kids and their families. 


Kerwin and Roman on the way to the restaurant 




Kerwin and Lois gave little gifts to the kiddos.

On Friday Morning, we went on a driving tour around Lexington.  We ended at the Wedding location for a quick rehearsal.  After, we went to 5 guys for a delicious lunch. We went back to nap at the hotel and to get ready for the wedding that night.



Friday night, we arrived at the wedding location a few hours early for pics.  Here is the location pics- Bodley Bullock House: http://www.lexjrleague.com/?nd=bodley_bullock_house

We had to keep Roman busy so that he wouldn't disturb the old and antique things in the house. We played outside- and even though it was pretty chilly, it didn't seem to disturb Rome!



Maggie and Hadleigh were flower girls.


Lois and her so Clay


 
It was a lovely ceremony and a beautiful reception.  It was so fun to be there for this momentous occasion.

(A few details I don't want to forget- All of the flowers were grown in Kentucky- I wish I would have taken a pic because they were gorgeous.  The little roses were my fave.  They looked fake they were so perfect.
For the meal, the salad dressing was divine.  It was a bourbon vinegarette and I simply loved it. )

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I really like weddings that convert into small trips. I went with my family to LA last month for my friend’s wedding. She had booked one of the finest wedding venues and we had a lot of fun there. This post reminds me of that trip a lot.

    ReplyDelete