Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sleep training: Night two

well i'm shocked. something must be wrong.

8:00 pm

I started our routine promptly at 8:00pm. we were done and reading our book (brown bear brown bear what do you see) and then i bounced him for 10 min. at the end of the 10 min. I prayed with Rome- asked for peace and good dreams for this sweet boy. He was asleep and i layed him in his bed. As soon as his head hit the pillow he was awake and screaming. I told him i loved him and that we're doing this so that he can become a confident and independent boy! he kept crying :) I left the room to go work on Ty and my dinner. I started the timer for the first 5 min. I was shocked to see that he calmed down and sat down in his crib completely quiet. I watched him on our moniter and saw that he was starting to fall asleep... He layed down and was out 15 min after I layed him down!


9:30 pm
he woke up- i was on may way to see him and he layed back down and fell asleep by himself! WOW!

2:30am.
Rome's been waking up and he whimpers and then lays down and puts himself back to sleep!

7:30 am
Rome slept in his bed the entire night. he woke up probably 6-7 time, but he cried himself to sleep.

i'm encouraged :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Meagan! :) It will get better and better each night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for improvement! He will get it and each night will get better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Way to go Roman!!! I promised you it would get better each night! That is a HUGE step!

    ReplyDelete