Saturday, November 7, 2009

MY amazing husband...

For everyone that knows me it will come at no surprise that I HATE debt. I can't stand credit cards and the temptation it creates to spend outside of your means. I am a HUGE fan of Dave Ramsey's teaching and am a complete nerd when it comes to crunching numbers and investing and growing a savings. So Graduating with student loans has been a thorn in my side since July when out first payment was due. It's an overwhelming thing having that debt. Tyler graduated with NOTHING but his wife's loans. :)

Before Ty and I got pregnant we would always say that we wanted to start a fam as soon as student loans were paid off. We shouldn't have been surprised when God changed our plans when we found out we were preg :)

We figured last June that if we live super frugal and use all of our extra money to go to student loans we could pay it all off by June of next year. So we've been making huge monthly payments and have been loving watching them diminish. I teased Tyler that as soon as it was paid off I wanted an Ipod touch. It gave me something to look forward to (other then the FREEING feeling of being debt free.)

Here's the part where I tell how amazing Tyler is...
Tyler told me that he had two gifts for me. They were hidden in our kitchen in two drawers. He said that I could pick which one to open first. So i opened the first one and inside the envelope was an I pod touch. I was shocked because I knew that this meant that he kept missing the part where I told him AFTER student loans. UGH! So I nicely told him, "what about student loans???" He told me that I still had one more drawer to open.
I slowly opened the drawer and inside was another envelope. I opened it and pulled out a HUGE pile of cash. He wouldn't tell me how much it was but that I needed to count it. To my surprise it was the exact amount of what I had left in student loans. I started to cry I was so happy and shocked. It turns out that Tyler had been saving and using his talents to make money in order to surprise me and pay our student loans 7 months sooner then expected.

WOW!

So now we're debt free! Dave Ramsey' would be proud! having the weight lifted off is a beautiful thing!

I have SUCH an amazing husband! We finished out night by getting chips and salsa and fried Ice cream from a restaurant here in town :)


1 comment:

  1. That's probably the best birthday gift I've ever heard of! Way to go, Tyler/SuperHusband! Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, Meagan!

    ReplyDelete