Friday, August 19, 2011

6 years ago... part 1


With JBU starting school soon, I was reminiscent that six years ago, I met Tyler for the first time. Also I've seen this on a few different blogs and thought that this was a great idea to help preserve the story!!

I had just left home in NE for Arkansas. I was starting school at John Brown University. I was nervous- not only for school and all the new things that came with it- but also for being away from home. I had NEVER been away from home-- I was a home body that was crazy to go to a school 9 hours away. But I was also so excited. I knew that God had provided and made the way for me to go to JBU so I knew that I needed to trust Him.

Tyler and I met for the first time during the first week of school (last week of August). My friend Lauren and I went to her friend Ben's house. They had met in one of her classes and he invited her over to watch a movie with some of his other friends. She had asked me to go with her, and since it was a Friday night and I wasn't up to anything- I quickly agreed. We got to Ben's after they had already started the movie. We snuck in and I was surprised to see a packed room of people. Lauren went and sat by Ben on one couch- I looked around the room and there was one spot left on the other couch next to a guy I couldn't really see because of the room being dark. I quickly learned that his name was Tyler and I also picked up that he was HILARIOUS. He filled me in on what was going on in the movie- the conversation was light but fun. He made me laugh and as we talked during the movie we were shhhh-ed numerous times by the rest of the people trying to watch the movie.

Lauren and I left before the movie was over and though I never saw him in the light, I knew he was pretty special...

The movie we watched

No comments:

Post a Comment