Here are some things that I've learned through these last 14 days.
1. I never thought I would be able to love Roman as much as I do.
2. I never thought I would enjoy bathing, changing, dressing, feeding, etc Roman as much as I do.
3. I never thought I could sweat this much (I wake up in the middle of the night and have to change clothes because I am completely soaked through! ha!)
4. I never thought I could really learn the cries of Roman- I haven't totally figured it out yet but
i'm definitely learning!
5. I found out that when the Dr. says don't exercise for the first 6 weeks he means it- I tried to do an exercise dvd that I used to do all the time before pregnancy and let's just say full boobs and a stretched uterus do not like jumping jacks!! I switched to pilates REAL fast! ha! And I also learned that if you must exercise with jumping jacks CLOSE the curtains- NO one should ever see that! : ) lol
6. I never knew that I would have THAT much water retention after birth! Like the day I got home I couldn't even cross my legs. My ankles were 3 times bigger then normal. I didn't have NEAR that bad of water retention during my entire pregnancy. I found out that it's very common. My best friend during this time is lemon water- I'm 14 days after birth and i'm still having water retention. BUT it's better (I can wear other shoes besides flip flops!)
7. It's never too early to start your baby on adventure's in odyssey (for those of you who don't know when I was little I had really bad night terrors- the only thing that would help was focus on the families adventures in odyssey- ever since I've been THE biggest fan (yes the age range stops at 12 but I still LOVE them) well Roman and I've been listening to them- Tyler makes fun of me but Roman will like them : )
8. I think I somewhat understand what some of the women in the Bible felt when they finally had their first babies I think of Hannah, Sarah, Rachel (to name a few!) I understand why all they could do was sing God's praises!!
I know this list will be growing... I plan on adding to it all the time! But this is what I have for now :)